I have received a few questions about the 2016-2017 Contract proposals; I have scheduled a meeting to address those questions and any others that may arise.
The meeting will take place on Saturday 7/8/17, 1100 hours at the American Legion Hall (733 N. Veterans Memorial Drive 89101) **The information for this meeting was originally sent via email on 6/30/17**
I understand that some of you will not be able to make it to the meeting, keeping that in mind I will include questions that I have received with the answers.
- (4% COLA) Why are we only receiving back pay from January 1, 2017 instead of back to July 1, 2017?
- The School District provided a budget they were willing to work with, they asked that our contract come in at or under that number.
The School District provided the following cost estimate a 1% COLA cost $139,000, if we elected to take a COLA raise retroactive to July it would have cost $556,000 for a 4% COLA.
After factoring in the cost of the other proposals we were left with approximately $278,000 dollars, which would have allowed for a 2% COLA retroactive to July 1, 2016.By foregoing back pay for (6) months we were able to receive a 4% COLA instead, which will increase your overall long term earning potential.
- Will I receive back pay, if so when will I receive it?
- You will receive back pay retroactive to your individual anniversary date of hire, if you were due a pay step for the 2016-2017 calendar year.
- I do not have an accurate answer as to when you will receive your back pay, when I have further information I will share via email and the POA website.
Article 21-1-2 Detective pay range
- Were any deals made to receive this pay range?
- There were no concessions given and no deals were made. This pay range was requested by the Chief and School District Officials.
Please keep in the mind the negotiation committee worked on and negotiated this contract for approximately one year. Our other option if this contract is not approved is to proceed to Fact Finding which has a conservatively estimated cost of $30,000.
Some of the benefits that will be realized with this contract are as follows:
4% COLA retroactive to January 1, 2017
Step increase retroactive to your individual hires date (for those due a step increase for 2016-2017)
Three additional personal days for employees who use less than 4 ½ sick days for 11 month, or use less than 5 sick days for 12 month.
A copy of the 2016-2017 CBA TA can be found on this website under member resources, contracts, 2016-2016 CBA TA.
Please attend the meeting if you are available, we are open to any and all suggestions for the 2017-2018 contract. An agenda for the meeting will be posted to the POA website by Friday.
The vote for this contract will be held on 7/14/17 via the POA website, if you do not have access to the website please go to POA.CCSD.com and follow the instructions to create a login or retrieve your user information.
Please feel free to call or email with any questions you may have,